December 20, 2008

Newborn

I've had a few requests to know my settings and equipment for these pics, so I've posted them above each picture. Keep in mind I do photoshop so they are not straight out of the camera but not too far off :)
=================
I can never pass up the opportunity to photograph a newborn! My friend Whitni asked me to take her new son's pictures and I was so excited to try out some new ideas, I am in love with this little guy. He was so cooperative and didn't even soil my stuff, only his mom :) He was probably the easiest newborn I've ever photographed. I had so many favorites but these are the ones I got around to proofing. I hope you love them as much as I do, Whitni. Your family is adorable!


24-70mm, f4, ss 100, iso400
Photobucket

24-70mm, f2.8, ss125, iso 320
Photobucket

50mm f2.5, ss 400, iso 200
Photobucket


24-70mm, f2.8, ss 200, iso 400
Photobucket


50mm, f2.5, ss 250, iso 320
Photobucket

50mm, f 2.8, ss160, iso400
Photobucket

50mm, f4, ss200, iso125
Photobucket

50mm f3.2, ss200, iso 200
Photobucket



10 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful shots! Love the last two!

B said...

Amazing photos! You are so talented!

S, J, B, & S said...

gorgeous! can't wait till it's our turn in just a few weeks! ;)

Betancourt Family said...

I have to agree these are some of my favorites too.

kristal said...

Oh my gosh...these are my favorites of yours ever! (I know I say that a lot, but for reals). These last 3 are soo completely perfect. The only thing that could make that one with Whitni better is if you'd photoshop a few tatoos on her arm. Just kidding. But seriously that second to last one, I think I'm going ot have to write Whitni and see if I can get a copy for my wall and pretend like he's mine. Whatta cute baby!!!
Someday, if I ever get pregnant again, I'm flying you over here to take some killer pictures of my fuzzy monkey baby. This are awesome! OH, when are you going to teach a photography class? I'm saving up my money to take it!!!

themacdonnells said...

those last two are my absolute fave baby pics you've done I think. Catching his little grin was beyond perfect timing. What a beautiful baby.

:)

B said...

So, is there any way that you would share info on the equipment that you use to get these fabulous shots?! What lighting/backdrops do you use? You are so talented!

Erica said...

You amaze me with your talent!

WhitParks said...

I mean really, Melissa. I hope you got my gushy messages last week. You are way too good! You are SO talented. I am sure it helps to have some beautiful people to photograph :) but it takes a giant load of talent and skill to finish it off as beautifully as you did...and we all know you have it, woman! I want to know everything you know! I keep coming back and looking at these multiple times a day. They make me so happy. When can we do it again? It was too fun!

Lis said...

WHat great pictures! I love your work! Thanks for posting the settings! I always wonder what you do!