It saddens me that Thanksgiving seems to just get brushed aside by media and retail so I want to make sure that it is properly appreciated in my life and in my family. I encourage everyone to do the same. Tell me the top 10 things you are grateful for and I will tell you mine.
1. I am so thankful for my family, cliche, but if you knew my family you would know how lucky I am. We are all so close. I especially love my dear husband who is so amazing words cannot describe. I am beyond lucky to have him in my life and of course my darling daughter who we all know, love, and adore.
2. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. With out my knowledge of them, my life would be completely different. I have hope and joy in a world that seems to destroy all goodness. I know they live and love me and I'm thankful for a religion that brings peace and happiness in my life.
3. I'm thankful for this country. It seems almost un-American to say, but I love this nation and everything it stands for. I know it has it's imperfections but it is truly a land of freedom. If people would just take a look at other countries and all the wrongs and injustices they have to deal with on a daily basis, I know there would be a greater appreciation for America.
4. I'm thankful for my friends. I don't have many of them, but the ones I do have are amazing. I wish we all could live in the same neighborhood and have lots of fun parties but sadly they all live so far away --- KRISTAL!
5. I'm thankful for the internet for without it, I wouldn't have any friends! I hate phones and so my forms of communication are all in the form of www.
6. I'm thankful for my car. I drive a lot and it has been the best car I've ever owned. It makes me feel safe and stylish.
7. I'm thankful for food especially on thanksgiving. Food brings me joy.
8. I'm thankful for laughter. I love when people laugh, I love when I make peopel laugh. A good joke or a silly face can truly change my day.
9. I'm thankful for pictures and I'm not just saying that because I am a photographer. I have always loved pictures. I love looking at pictures of my ancestors, of my child hood, my college days and now of my daughter. I love all the feelings and memories a single picture can induce.
10. I'm thankful for my home and a nice warm bed to sleep in.
November 21, 2007
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !