February 8, 2007

Sick of being Sick

Our family hasn't been fairing well lately. We all have been sick and poor Robert has been sick for almost 2 weeks now. Robert and I both had strep throat (NO FUN!) but luckily Clara just had a cold or something. She is still trying to get over that. It has not been a fun recovery. Robert and I have also been doing a fun (HA) diet. Robert started out strong with me but slowly has fizzled out. I don't blame him, he really has nothing to lose!! Me on the other hand.... well, it has been really really hard but I have been successful and I hope I can keep it up. I have lost about 6 lbs in a month, not bad not bad. I do spoil myself every so often just to keep my sanity. I think the thing that has helped me the most is realizing that food is not everything, it is fuel and should be used for that 90% of the time with about 10% enjoyment on special occassions. I have been reading a good book called The No-Nonsense Guide to Diet, Exercise, & Disease Control. I would have to say it has almost changed my life. It makes so much sense and it really isn't that hard to change. If I can do it anyone can. I know it will always be a struggle for me because I have come to love food so much but I really want to be better not to just look better but to feel better and give Clara a good start to life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does it come as a book on tape? I hate reading! You'll have to tell me all about it when you get out here because food and myself have made this bond over the past 4 or 5 years and it's not benifiting me!!!